Quick Guide to Antalya
Dine at: Family-run Sim Restaurant for kofte served beside ancient Byzantine walls.
Dine at: Donkisot Borek and Manti. It's highly rated by the locals themselves - their borek is cooked to perfection.
Dine at: Guneyliler for kilmali pide, topped with chopped meat.
Dine at: Yemenli restaurant in a peaceful courtyard, with pleanty of options for vegetarians
Dine at: The Eski Sebzeciler Içi Sokak precinct for cheap and tasty grilled treats.
Dine at: Club Arma is built right into the cliff side; countless seafood dishes with stunning city views.
Dine at: Any roadside teahouse - it'll be a delicious bargain!
Dine at: 7 Mehmet which is situated on a hill overlooking Konyaalt beach and the city. It's traditional Turkish food with a view.
Dine at: Any place you can find! Luckily these sweet treats are found in most restaurants (and shops, for souvenirs for those not lucky enough to be there).
Located on Turkey's Mediterranean coast, Antalya is right in the heart of the Turkish Riviera. The city itself has an incredible history, with the settlement dating back to 150BC and a choice of sights dating back to Roman times. Turkey holidays on a whole attract sun and beach-loving travellers and Antalaya does not disappoint. Beach lovers will certainly be happy on a holiday to Antalya, with the huge Konyaalti Beach dominating the west of the centre. Here you will find hordes of beachfront hotels, bars and restaurants as well as the popular Aqualand and also Antalya Aquarium which boasts one of the world's largest underwater viewing tunnels.
As you can imagine with such a varied choice of things to see and places to go, cheap holidays to Antalya are popular all summer long. In fact, it's climbing up the ranks of the most visited cities in the world, so head on over in 2017 or 2018 before everyone catches on! We've made it even easier to snap up holiday deals too, with our last minute holiday search.
Fab holidays for:
Ancient ruins, Beaches, Fresh seafood
Did you know?
A law that's still in placed (but probably not enforced) is people can be jailed for up to two years if they steal olives before they're ripe.
Other Destinations in Turkey
Other Nearby Destinations
You Might Also Be Interested In
Top 5 Sights to See in Antalya
Sun, swimming and great nightlife are all here, but don't ignore the magnificent historical heritage and natural wonders Antalya has up its sleeve.
- Beldibi Cave
- In the village of Olba, the Beldibi Cave is a fascinating archaeological site. Take in the sight of the Mesolithic pictures adorning the cave walls, from scenes of hunting to a figure depicting the mother goddess.
- Antalya Museum
- History buffs, make a beeline to Antalya Museum - it holds all the best finds from excavations across the Turkish coast. Inspect archaeological treasures, mosaic, silver and statue displays to your heart's content.
- Hadrian's Gate
- A monumental triple-arched gate and flanked by imposing towers, Hadrian's Gate is one of Antalya's most famous monuments. It was erected for Emperor Hadrian's arrival in AD 130 and has well-preserved carvings decorating its arches, so don't walk too fast.
- Duden Waterfall
- The stunning, 12 waterfalls splash into a stone river bed. Stairs lead down to the river so you can cool off by the waterfall spray and with hidden cave chambers and the forest surrounding it, it's a breathtaking sight to see.
- Aspendos is an archaeological site which boasts a Roman theatre that's considered to be the best preserved in the world. No wonder it's one of Antalya's top attractions! It can seat up to 15,000 people so expect to be impressed.
How to get to Antalya
Antalya holidays are becoming ever more popular as a range of charters, major UK airlines and no frills cheap flights to Antalya are available directly from regional UK airports. Sitting on a cliff on the southern part of the Anatolian peninsula, Antalya catches the soft Mediterranean breezes all year round. It pays to investigate Antalya car hire to tour around the coastal region or travel to nearby historic cities and the many spectacular beaches. Flight time from the UK is about four hours and fifteen minutes, but transfers to town take only 20 minutes.
Where to stay in Antalya
Holidays to Antalya include a real mix of old and new developments, as modern luxury hotels sit not too far from older style residential districts. But even some of the swankier hotels in the resort district of Lara Beach offer some good deals, so cheap holidays to Antalya are possible. All inclusive holidays are extremely popular in this region. There is also a range of self catering apartments and plenty of reasonably priced hotels in Marina Bay in the Old Harbour. Although the district has been redeveloped, this has been handled sympathetically, retaining an old style ambience.