Quick Guide to Cyprus
Renowned for its beautiful landscapes, inspiring ancient architecture and the soft, sandy beaches dotted along the coast, Cyprus is sunny year-round - an essential for a beach holiday, as far as we're concerned!
The island remains divided between the Turkish north and Cypriot south. While both areas are popular holiday destinations, the north is cheaper and sits outside the Eurozone. The south has better infrastructure and facilities for tourists, and remains the most popular with UK visitors. If you want to visit North Cyprus click here.
Not only is Cyprus lush with beaches, but it's home to some incredible traditional food, and has a history stretching back thousands of years! With plenty of all inclusive resorts, secluded towns to squirrel away in, and welcoming locals, it's looking to be one of our favourite places to visit in 2018/2019.
Fab holidays for:
Beach holidays, Culture vultures, Sun seekers
Paphos and Larnaca
Did you know?
Over 45 beaches on Cyprus have been awarded the EU Blue Flag because of their cleanliness and safety.
Other Destinations in Cyprus
Other Nearby Destinations
- Alanya Holidays
- Antalya Holidays
- Bodrum Holidays
- Cairo Holidays
- Coral Bay Holidays
- Droushia Holidays
- Greece Holidays
- Israel Holidays
- Jordan Holidays
- Larnaca Holidays
- Latchi Holidays
- Limassol Holidays
- Nicosia Holidays
- Paralimini Holidays
- Pissouri Holidays
- Platres Holidays
- Polis Holidays
- Tochni Holidays
- Turkey Holidays
You Might Also Be Interested In
Top 5 Things to do Beyond the Beach in Cyprus
You could very easily spend your time in Cyprus soaking up the sun, swimming in the crystal clear sea waters and dining on tasty local meals - but if you do want to head out and explore we've picked the best of the bunch for you.
- Paphos Archaeological Park
- There's no excuse not to visit this haven of ruins and gorgeous mosaics if you're on holiday in Paphos - it's right on your doorstep! Busy in summer, it's particularly great in winter when you have it almost all to yourself!
- This site is nearer to Limassol, boasting a stunning location with incredible views. It's also got a wonderful Odeon and more to discover besides.
- Troodos Mountains
- Quaint villages, ancient monasteries and beautiful vistas await - you just need to set off in a hire car to make the best out of a visit here. Plus in the winter you can even ski! Just remember your gloves and hat - it can be hot at the beach and freezing up here in winter.
- Tombs of the Kings
- Visit tombs at Paphos that date back to fourth-century BC at this UNESCO World Heritage Site. They are carved out of solid rock and some are decorated with Doric pillars. There are thought to be prominent figures from high-ranking officials to Paphitic aristocrats from up to the third-century AD buried here.
- Nissi Beach
- Located in Ayia Napa - Nissi Beach has been awarded a Blue Flag due to its extremely clear waters. It's a popular destination for nightlife seekers and has been featured on BBC Radio 1 in the past where DJs have performed on the beach.
Where to stay in Cyprus
Holidays to Cyprus have become ever more popular as more low-cost airlines have started to offer the route from the UK. With balmy climes almost all year round and dreamy beaches, it's no wonder that Cyprus has become popular with those looking for a package holiday and there are an abundance or resorts to help fulfil that need. The resorts lining the island's sun-kissed shores have flourished with luxurious all inclusive complexes, small family run hotels and everything in between.
The most popular resorts in Cyprus have gained their reputations for very distinct reasons. Ayia Napa holidays are geared toward the young clubbing crowds and have bars and nightclubs to rival those of Ibiza.
On the west coast you can enjoy much more laid-back Cyprus holidays in the charming resort-town of Paphos. This traditional Cypriot town slopes down toward a charming harbour area where cafes and tavernas line the waterfront. Paphos is close to some beautiful Cypriot countryside as well as the Paphos Archaeological Park, which features some stunning mosaics.
Larnaca is another very popular holiday resort. It has the advantage of its own airport, so there's no long transfer time between you and the sunlounger. Some of the prettiest beaches on Cyprus are to be found in the numerous coves of Fig Tree Bay which is at the resort of Protaras, near Ayia Napa.
If you want something completely different, did you know it is possible to ski in Cyprus, up in the Troodos mountains? The season generally lasts from January to March. The mountains are popular with hikers the rest of the year.
The diversity of resorts in Cyprus means that there are different types of holidays to suit a wide range of preferences. If you want a multi-destination or a tailored holiday you can find separate hotel deals and make your own itinerary.
When to go to Cyprus
Cheap holidays to Cyprus can always be found, even in the peak season, but you will see better offers if you travel in the spring or autumn, when the weather is still hot - and don't forget, last minute holidays are always an option!