Global gourmet cooking is the best sort of armchair travel. I’m going to post some of my favourites look out for pad thai, clam chowder, jerk chicken and a hangi, but let’s start with Florida’s mouth-watering Key Lime Pie.
Key Lime Pie
Named after The Keys, the string of islands off Florida’s coast, Key Lime Pie tastes like a tangy cheesecake.
225g Digestive biscuits
4 egg yolks
397g can condensed milk
- Line an 18cm square flan tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Place biscuits in a strong bag and break them with a rolling pin and then stir the crumbs into the butter.
- Press the mixture over the base and sides of the tin. Leave to set in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks until frothy, add the milk slowly and keep beating.
- Squeeze the limes and fold the juice in into the egg mixture.
- Pour into the tin and refrigerate for three hours.
- Do something fancy with icing sugar, twists of lime and berries and voilà!