They say you should write about what you know, so it makes sense to start with a bit of a brag about my corner of the world. At dealchecker I’m surrounded by Brits and Aussies so this is my chance to get my own back.
Here are my top five reasons why New Zealand is better than Australia:
1. Weather. Australia has the scorching heat, but in NZ you can bask in the sun without boiling.
2. Animals. Australia has spiders, snakes, and sharks but New Zealand has flightless birds – they’re pretty and they don’t bite!
3. Coffee. New Zealand owned cafes took three of the top five spots in the London Time Out Best Coffee Bar awards last year, but no Aussie cafes made the cut.
4. Glaciers. Franz Josef and Fox glaciers are among the most beautiful sites in the world and they sit in a World Heritage area with wild lakes, rivers, forests and beaches.
5. Adrenalin. I have jumped off the Auckland Harbour Bridge, rolled down a hill in a large ball, rafted, skied, climbed and negotiated many hillside metal roads. It’s one big scarefest and it’s so much fun.
I could go on but why don’t you go and see for yourself.