Quick Guide to Hurghada
From humble beginnings as a small fishing village, tourism has boomed here since the 1980s. If you're planning a holiday in Hurghada then you'll be heading for the most visited city in Egypt, not bad in a country that boasts the only remaining Wonder of the Ancient World! There are usually plenty of great early booking deals around, but keep your eye out for a last minute deal as well if you're watching your pennies. Also, as an added bonus, prices and temperatures are slightly lower in winter, making it a fantastic winter sun getaway.
Fab holidays for:
Ancient wonders, Diving, Markets
Hurghada International Airport
Did you know?
Until the 1980's, Hurghada was only home to Bedouins and local mariners. Now it's one of Egypt's premier destinations!
Other Destinations in Egypt
Other Nearby Destinations
You Might Also Be Interested In
Top 5 Things to do in Hurghada
Aside from the amazing snorkelling, Hurghada boasts plenty more to do on holiday.
- Take a quad bike tour of the Sahara Desert. Adrenaline junkies will love zooming around the sand dunes!
- Enjoy a Bedouin meal
- Hang with the locals and sit down to dinner with a Bedouin. It's a fascinating insight into their way of life - and the food is pretty good too!
- There are plenty of fantastic bazaars to bargain hunt but definitely plan a visit to El Dahar. Just make sure you have room in your suitcase - you'll want to buy everything to take home as a souvenir!
- Giftun Island
- Taking a boat out to Giftun Island is a truly memorable way to spend the day. Keep your camera handy!
- The Marina
- Rub shoulders with the rich at the Marina. Go for a dinner or drinks at a stylish restaurant or bar with a fantastic view of all the yachts.
How to get to Hurghada
There are cheap Hurghada flights available from the main airports in the UK, and you should expect at least one stopover. Flight times range between six and eight hours, so it won't be long before you start your holiday proper. Most hotels can arrange transfers for you, or they may come as part of your holiday package, so check before investigating alternatives.
Where to stay in Hurghada
There are over 100 hotels in Hurghada from basic to deluxe, and most offer all inclusive options so you really can work out how much your holiday will cost before you travel.